Services Based on Your Values and Goals
Reaching out to a professional for help with a problem can be difficult and intimidating. It may help to know that the services we provide are based on your goals and values, and upon a shared understanding of the problem and the treatment methods to be used.
Questions about what to expect from your meeting? Here is an information page provided by the Canadian Psychological Association.
Your First Meeting
Your initial meeting will focus on clarifying your goals for assessment or treatment which may include:
- functioning better – at work, in a relationship, or in your social life
- improving health through commitment to health-related behaviors
- opening up to experience you have been avoiding
- understanding your strengths and weaknesses
- improving the quality or intimacy of your current relationships
- coping with grief or painful memories and experiences
- coping more effectively with challenges
- reducing or replacing unhelpful behaviors
We will work hard to establish and maintain an effective “working alliance” where there is mutual trust and respect, a shared understanding of the problem and the treatment method being used.
Dr. Jones follows the fee schedule determined annually by the British Columbia Psychological Association (BCPA) and community standards. At the present time, the recommended fee for a 1-hour session with a Registered Psychologist is $200. The fee is collected at the time of service and is payable via cash, cheque or e-transfer (prior to the appointment). An official receipt with CPBC registration number is issued for all payments, via email, on the day of service.
Psycho-educational assessments are based on individual needs and complexity. Typically, a full psycho-educational assessment with report requires 12 hours of work and has a cost of $2400. Please inquire about tailoring an assessment specifically for you or your child.
Please contact us to speak with Ms. Keri-Lyn Bjornson about her fee schedule for counseling services.